Granny square challenge week 21


So I laid out almost (except 3) all my squares.
Already pretty impressive uh.
It looks like a blanket but don`t let it fool you
we still need to make some squares.
But it got me thinking about the size.
This blanket will be used on the couch
and the original size of  1.44 by 1.80 m (about 57  by 71 inches)
is to big.
So I decided I`m going to make it the size of my lappity lap blanket
which is 1.20 by 1.50 m (about 47 by 59 inches)
I need 130 squares and my squares are 12 by 12  cm (5 by 5 inches).
This means we will be ready before summer.
On a cold summer night we can get our blanket
and keep warm while sitting outside.
When you live in a part of the world where winter 
is coming even better.
Sitting on the couch with some hot tea
with your new blanket and a brand new crochet project.
If you want a bigger blanket 
you can always make more squares.
And if your squares are bigger then mine your blanket will be bigger off course.


But back to granny square business
we have 11 weeks to go.
So above the new pattern.
It`s called Rainbow outlines granny square by Amy Solovay.
I adapted it a little because it took me to long
to finish it.
I  can be very impatient :-).
Follow the pattern until round 11.
Round 12, keep on working in the back loops of the stitches,
 dc in every stitch, in the corners 1 dc, 1 ch, 1dc, 1ch, 1 dc.
Round 13 change color repeat round 12.

Good luck and have fun.


Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a note.